That's that. I'm marking #23 (be single) off the list. I've been single now since September of 2007, longer than any other time since becoming interested in tethering my life to another's. Being single is awesome. This time around its taught me a lot. Growing up with beautiful, loving parents who love each other so tremendously, I got the idea that you sew yourself to somebody else and go about living. Well I ain't getting married anytime soon, so a(nother) long term relationship is far from a must. Being single in Austin has made me aware of a few things. 1. There are multitudes of fascinating and/or attractive folks in Capital City. 2. I love flirting. 3. Many parts of myself crave another to thrive inside me, which is strange. Being single has let me see where I most miss a partner. Then, when I miss her, I think about it, "Why do I want somebody to do that for me? Can I do it for me? Can somebody else do it for me? Do I want understanding or attention? Am I sad or lonely?" etc. 4. Many other people are single. 5. I'm quite charming when I'm not cheating.
So if you want to go on a date with me, go ahead and ask.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment